Prev: Re: anti fighter missiles Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:40:51 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

G'day Schoon,

>I think the problem that most have with the Wave and Nova weapons is
that
>they potentially allow an inferior tacticial to get 1 lucky shot that
>destroys an enormous point value of ships. Thus it's unbalanced from a
>points perspective.

But is it that possible anymore (well in vector at least, can't say for
cinematic sorry)? Unless the target does something pretty stupid in the
first place I wouldn't have said it was that possible anymore, you're
far
more likely to get dumped on yourself not being able to fire anything
else.
When you regularly see BBs etc let llose with 21 dice (e.g. <12" NSL BB)
then the wave guns etc just don't seem that extreme anymore.

>Likewise, it's possible to get "unlucky" and have the reverse happen.

Considering your talking to me, that's probably more likely the case ;)

Thanks

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: anti fighter missiles Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?