Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: [FT]Scenario Question

RE: Comments on various designs...

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:59:59 -0600
Subject: RE: Comments on various designs...

At 9:18 PM 11/2/99 +0100, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

<mucho snippage>

>Of course, this all leads up to my own Catoism: FB Hull should only
>cost 1xMass, Armour should cost 2xMass <G>

I remember you mentioning this once before and it made a lot of sense to
me
in terms of play balance.  But as I recall, you shied away from it since
it
would invalidate all the current FB designs.

Seems to me that it would just reduce the NPV's by 1 point per hull box.
If this were a rule change that Jon and playtesting teams wanted to
implement, then it would seem that FB2 would be a good time to do it.
Couldn't the revised costs be listed as errata in the new book?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Jeff

Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: [FT]Scenario Question