Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field.

Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney@i...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:16:16 -0600
Subject: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/2/99 3:22:24 PM Central Standard Time,
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com writes:
>
> << <g> You could say that, yes. I don't remember what the WW2 version
is
>  called - virtually same mechanics, somewhat different stats - but
some
>  of my friends use it to re-fight Market-Garden... slightly re-scaled;
>  each model represents about four vehicles :-)
>   >>

> Command Decision is the WW2 game Over the Top is the WW I game and
Combined
> Arms is the late cold war/modern version It was designed to play about
as
> fast as a real time battle with a turn on the floor taking up about 15
> minutes of combat turn and hopefully (with those experienced slightly
with
> the rules) the turn would take about fifteen minutes to play out on
the
> real-time clock. Units were equal to platoons or batteries a tank =
four
> tanks an infantry stand roughly 30 men. Good system well-supported
until GDW
> died and it still has fine internet support from the designer Frank
Chadwick
> Command Decision is out under the Calsh of Arms masthead these days.

1) There is an active CD mailing list, with input from Greg Novak and
Frand
Chadwick on a regular basis.
2) It's put out by Emperor's Headquarters, not CoA, who have there own,
(not as
good, but better than Spearhead, IMAO) W.W.II rules

Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field.