Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

Re: Underwater questions [ot]

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 18:54:32 -0800
Subject: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

At 9:30 PM -0500 11/2/99, Laserlight wrote:
>  >Since I'm totally ignorant of the avian world, you'll have
>to excuse
>>this question: Do seabirds dive through the water?
>>
>>Of course, they've got foldable wings, which is tricky to
>copy for
>>vehicles (for various reasons - the cube/squared law and
>the speeds at
>>which airplanes move, for example).  I'm not saying it's
>impossible -
>>and certainly there are some jets with limited wing-folding
>ability -
>>but it's tricky.
>
>Be interesting to watch a plane try to fold its wings _while
>in flight_ diving for the water.

That gets back to the whole transforming mecha thing again, which I'm
for come to think of it.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)