Prev: [OT] Alternity (was Starting from the ground up...) Next: Re: re Fighter group sizes

Re: Starting from the ground up...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:08:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Starting from the ground up...

Frongoid wrote:

> Hi, I'll delurk for a bit to ask for some help.  I've been working on
> rewriting the class and size systems in Full Thrust/More Thrust to
> allow more emphasis on smaller ships...

Judging from your comments about Mass 180-200 ships being unbalancing,
you don't have the Fleet Book. Get it - it revamps the FT ship design
system completely.

> I know there was
> a B5 game, but it doesn't quite sound like what I'm looking for.

No official design system in the EFSB, though there is at least one
fan-created one on the web.

> What
> I need is some rules to apply to smaller ships to make them more
> manueverable (slideslips are a definite must... I am also looking at
> the Kra'vak manuevering rules)

Sideslips are very easy to do in FT2/FB Cinematic movement - just allow
the second half of a turn to be in the other direction (eg, a ship
executing a 2-point sideslip to starboard would have the orders "S1P1",
turning one point to the right before its move and one point to the
left at the mid-point).

As for increased overall maneuverability, limiting the thrust rating
allowed for the big ships to 2-3 or so works very nicely.

> Another problem I am having is with missile systems.	I am torn
> between using the existing fighter system for missile swarms
(although
> with each salvo only taking 1 Mass and consisting of 2 "torpedo
> fighters") and using the missile system mostly as-is from MT with
> unlimited shots (but only one missile in the air at a time).

Or use the Fleet Book Salvo Missile system :-/

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [OT] Alternity (was Starting from the ground up...) Next: Re: re Fighter group sizes