Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]

Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:11:04 -0400
Subject: Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]

We have standard fighters. Then torpedo, long-range, fast, heavy,
attack, and I'm sure there might be another type. And we haven't even
touched on weasels for fighter groups (ECM/EW fighters) or
SWAC-fighters (though Brigade makes a SWAC strikeboat).

My questions:
1. Has anyone thought of ECM/EW fighters and how to implement them?
2. SWACS? Same question?
3. Recce fighters?
4. Multi-role fighters - I haven't seen one yet. ie a fighter that
could, with the correct addition or subtraction of kit be 1) a fast
fighter (booster packs), 2) a long range fighter (drop tanks), 3) an
ECM/EW fighter (ECM pods), 4) Recce fighter (sensor nodes), 5)
interceptors (different weapons loadout), 6) attack fighters
(different loadout).
I'm assuming heavy fighters are more robustly constructed frame wise
and that torpedo fighters are just a different beast (for some
apocryphal reason known as "Stringbags").

It seems to me that many of today's fighter jets are multi-role
capable. How do we create such a beast in FT, cost it, and store its
auxilliary components aboard the carrier?

I'm sure some of you FT Top-Gun-Fighter-Squadron-Jockeys must have
some thoughts.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]