Prev: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...) Next: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...

Re: Mass of UN SDN(X)

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 9:45:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Mass of UN SDN(X)

Yes.  This is something I played around with a while back, but never
finished it.  You will need a precise scale to determine the weight as
most
minis are negligible and hope that all are created with the same
material.
It is my understanding that Jon T uses a different metal than what
Geo-Hex
uses in the states.  This might present a small discrepancy if you have
minis from both sources.  This might also cause some discrepancy when
you
compare to other manufacturers minis as metal content can vary.

IMHO the best solution is get a volume measurement by displacing the
mini in
a liquid if you have an accurate way to measure this.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/25 9:21 PM >>>
If any of you who have the new minis and access to a good scale: What is
the weight of the minis (in grams)? Comparing this to the weight of a
mini who's mass is known should give a good estimate of Mass for the
ships stats, no? the UN SDN may be longer than a Jeanne D'Arc but it
looks a lot thinner over all.

--
Channing C. Faunce

channing@glasscity.net
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/index.html

Current projects
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/avalon3d.jpg
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/runaway.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Prev: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...) Next: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...