Prev: Re: Ship building.... the hard way... Next: Alien rules?

UNSC ship names

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:25:35 -0400
Subject: UNSC ship names

Never a Galaxy Class. The temptation to name on Enterprise would be
overpowering... and then the desire for every other force to blow it
up.... equally huge.....

People commented on my namings be North-Americo-Centric. Well, I live
here. I just happen to know those names. Others were not included just
so I didn't appear terribly ignorant by mis-labelling things from other
places. They were not meant to be precluded, just left to the
imagination of those who live there.  I did include things like
Christchurch and Bristol..... :)

UNSC ship names for ships I missed:

Physician-Class Medical Cruiser (CMH): UNS Banting, UNS Best, UNS Curie,
UNS Heimlich, UNS Keon, UNS Koop, etc.

Peace-Class Provider: UNS Theodore Roosevelt (the Teddy as she is
known), UNS T. Woodrow Wilson, UNS Aristide Briand, UNS Albert
Schweitzer, UNS George C. Marshall, UNS Lester B. Pearson, UNS Dag
Hammarskjold, UNS Martin Luther King, UNS Andrei Sakharov, UNS Anwar
Sadat, UNS Menachim Begin, etc.

(This last group is culled from http://www.almaz.com/nobel/nobel.html
which is a mighty neat spot).

Tell me, did anyone else look at the new ship and think
"Hmm, I wonder if a the Ragtag crew of the SDN-X UNS Crusade can journey
forth to find the cure for the horrible plague that the KV drop on Sol
in 2191... crewed by a hard-headed captain, and a crew of varying
misfits and aliens, and accompanied by some sort of Techno-Mage (or
Possibly John Crimmins in one of his Illuminated Disguises)....."

And I'll bet the emitters on the wingtips together form about a class-8
beam battery..... but of course it knocks the FC down for a turn
afterwards, and the drives....

Prev: Re: Ship building.... the hard way... Next: Alien rules?