Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: UNSC ship names

Re: Ship building.... the hard way...

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:21:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Ship building.... the hard way...

Excerpts from mail: 20-Oct-99 Re: Ship building.... the h.. by Brian
Burger@victoria.tc
> The really cool way to do this would be to coat the walls and ceilings
of
> your ship in magnetic sheeting, and put washers on the bottom of your
> figures bases.
>
> And have small detatchable 'flying stands', which will also stick to
the
> walls/ceilings.
>
> Then when the artifical gravity goes, you can really have 3-d, 0g
combat.

> It would be a heck of a lot of work, but it would be really, really
> cool... any takers? :>

Unfortunately, from my experiences with using magnetic sheeting and
washer-based figs, the magnetic force isn't usually enough to support a
metal figure.  Plastics might work, though.

Cool idea, though.

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: UNSC ship names