Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: [OFFICIAL GZG] UNSC ships....

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: Don Greenfield <gryphon@a...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:44:58 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

At 07:45 AM 10/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>trapper wrote:

>> The new ships sound good ("techno brick," huh?) but I'd like to
suggest
>> that they be UN ships instead of Japanese.
>
>I'd like to second (third?  fourth?) that sentiment.
>
>> I've always envisioned the Japanese fleet as streamlined and
high-tech
>> instead of boxy, something with a bit of panache.  Similar to the FSE

>> cruisers, perhaps.  I like the NSL and similar looking ships, but
they're
>> way too bulky to be Japanese. :)  Anyway, that's just my take on the
>> matter.
>
>Perhaps some variation on the elipsoid-looking ships from Star Wars?
>(escape-from-Hoth ship from ESB and part of the fleet in RoTJ)
>Interesting designs, and very sleek looking.  Plus they'd have other
>uses...

I've gotta go with the list on this one. I always thought of the
Japanese
fleet as looking very sleek and, well, anime like. Another excuse to
plug
my teeny, tiney little web site. I've got an image of my (one!) Japanese
ship, it's a RAFM ship that's being sold as a Silent Death fig, but was
originally a Traveller:The New Era design. Anyway, here's the URL:

<http://www.aros.net/~gryphon/wargames/gzg/ft/pics.html>

Geez, I've *got* to get busy painting more figs and updating the site.

Don

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: [OFFICIAL GZG] UNSC ships....