Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: MKW Update 2

UNSC class names (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!)

From: The future will be better tomorrow <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:39:27 -0500 (EST)
Subject: UNSC class names (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!)

I've been working on (slowly, in my copious free time) on a UN Fleet
Roster,
to go along with my NAC, ESU, FSE, and NSL rosters (the first three are
at
this point mostly complete or done; the NSL still needs tweaking). From
that
I have these:

GUARDIAN-class ELINT-BDN (has cloaking field, superior sensors, area
ecm; used
  to quietly keep tabs on everyone else :)

MIZAR-class battledreadnought

KALI-class strike carrier

EMMONS-WINTHROP-class heavy cruiser (named after glaciers - and there
are more
  than enough to go around! :)

ANTARES-class war cruiser

TUFFLEY-class heavy destroyer (actually I envision this as a NAC design
  with some ships sold to the UN)

POINT-class corvette

CAPE-class frigate

COUNTY-class scout

I was purposefully trying to stay away from names of people for ships,
as people come and go, names fall into/out from favor, and...because
we have very few names in the future history to deal with as it is.
With this in mind I was sticking to geographic features (points, capes,
glaciers) and other immutables (such as stars) for most of the class
names.

If you're interested in seeing the current versions of these Unofficial
Fleet Rosters, hop over to:

   http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/fleet-rosters.html

Mk
-
"Now, please notify the Captain that I am here. I need to meet with him
and
the rest of the command staff ASAP. I...assume my usual quarters in the
brig
are available. I've grown so attached to the place."
				       -  Bester, 'Into The Fire',
Babylon 5

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: MKW Update 2