Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! -Reply Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:11:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

On 20-Oct-99 at 09:05, Ground Zero Games (jon@gzero.dungeon.com) wrote:
> >On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:04:28 +0100 Ground Zero Games
> ><jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:
> >
> >> These latest ships are very "techno-brick" in style [...]; these
look
> >very "realistic" ships, with modular (and interchangeable) sections
for
> >forward hulls, weapon and sensor booms, reaction mass/cargo modules
and
> >drive units. We (and you) should be able to make a very large number
of
> >variations from mixing and matching various parts from the classes
(and
> >yes, they WILL be easy to assemble... <grin>). <
> >
> >This sounds very UNSC-ish to me, rather than Japanese. Given the UN
> >forces' need to recruit from the major powers, and their relatively
> >small industrial base (I think), the modular route would be a good
way
> >for them to go. I'm looking forward to seeing these (and maybe buying
> >some -- oh, my aching bank balance....), but preferably as UN ships.
> >
> >Besides, with the advent of the Kra'Vak, I think we _need_ UNSC ships
> >rather than Japanese.
>
> Yes, I agree - I think I'm now leaning towards UNSC myself for this
range,
> partly because I've got some other ideas for the Jap navy, much more
"Ninja
> Rocketship" style.....
>
> BTW, in case anyone didn't realise, the descriptions "Techno Brick"
and
> "Ninja Rocketship" were coined by RTG in one of their Mekton books, to
> describe the two main styles of spaceship found in Anime - the Techno
Brick
> is the unstreamilned, "realistic" style with bits all over it ( Legend
of
> the Galactic Heroes etc.) while the Ninja Rocketship is Space Cruiser
> Yamato, Harlock's Arcadia etc.....
>
> So, suggestions for some class names for the UNSC fleet....?

Korea, first ship of class, MacArthur.

Pick a UN military action (not necessarily successful, you learn more
from your mistakes) and name the class that, pick soldiers in the
action for ship names.

Roger

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! -Reply Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!