Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Re: [SGII] Furry troopers

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:50:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Furry troopers

On 20-Oct-99 at 04:13, Beth Fulton (beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au) wrote:

> >Rome defeated many opposing armies this way.  And at it's hight
(about
> >117-120AD), ruled an empire about 2 million square miles for about
six and
> >a half centuries. (Thats about 54% of the land area of present day
United
> >States...with an army of about 850,000 men.	Awesome!)
>
> Mmm guess I'm being picky as we'd probably only see the military types
on
> the board anyway, but I'd say that that was a characteristic of the
> military of that race not of the race itself. Bet not to many roman
> merchants had a "no retreat rule" ;)

Then there's the engineers, which also seemed to have a "no retreat"
rule.  Look at the aquaducts and roads.  "I don't care if there's
a mountain in my way, the closest distance between to points is a
straight line."

Just because they are in the business arena instead of the military
one doesn't mean they didn't have the no retreat rule.

Roger

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!