Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: Re: [SGII] Furry troopers

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: The future will be better tomorrow <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:33:37 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

>> These latest ships are very "techno-brick" in style [...]; these look

>very "realistic" ships, with modular (and interchangeable) sections for

>forward hulls, weapon and sensor booms, reaction mass/cargo modules and

>drive units. We (and you) should be able to make a very large number of

>variations from mixing and matching various parts from the classes (and

>yes, they WILL be easy to assemble... <grin>). <
>
>This sounds very UNSC-ish to me, rather than Japanese. Given the UN
>forces' need to recruit from the major powers, and their relatively
>small industrial base (I think), the modular route would be a good way
>for them to go. I'm looking forward to seeing these (and maybe buying
>some -- oh, my aching bank balance....), but preferably as UN ships.
>
>Besides, with the advent of the Kra'Vak, I think we _need_ UNSC ships
>rather than Japanese.

I agree we need UN ships, and I'd like to see/get some UN ships, be it
these or another design scheme (I'm partial to some of the Brigade minis
that I've seen as being UN ships - esp the Sharon Class light cruiser,
which I need to get some of! - as they seem to have a nice mix of basic
NSL, NAC, FSE, ESU design philosophies going through their ships, with
some other design types thrown in for good measure). I think that the UN
industrial base will have grown fairly rapidly in the interim from when
they were borrowing ships from other powers to current. But that's my
opinion. :)  I'm just surprised that since the IF have gotten their own
line of ships Noam hasn't piped up clamboring for NI ships...  ;-)

Mk
-
Dr T: "I'm speechless"

Indy: "No you're not; you're still talking"

Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: Re: [SGII] Furry troopers