Prev: Re: [SGII] scenario QA Next: Trade Federation Tank

Re: IF ship names

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:54:44 +0100
Subject: Re: IF ship names

Tom McCarthy wrote:

> >From Jane's Fighting Ships, 1989-90, under Iraq,
>
> <snip Iraqi and Saudi ship names>

Iranians :

Alvand Class : Alvand, Alborz, Sabalan (formerly Saam, Zaal, Rostam
respectively)
Bayandor Class : Bayandor, Naghdi

Bahrain :

Al Manama Class : Al Manama, Al Muharraq
Ahmad El Fateh Class : Ahmad El Fateh, Al Jabiri, Abdul Rahman Al Fadel,
Al
Taweelah

Oman :

Qahir Class : Qahir Al Amwaj, Al Mua'zzer
Al Bushra Class : Al Bushra, Al Mansoor, Najah
[Bushra is the first name of my sister-in-law, Mansoor that of my
mother-in-law. Perhaps I should just list out the first names of my
in-laws
and we can select ships classes from there ... ;-)]
Dhofar Class : Dhofar, Al Sharqiyah, Al Bat'nah, Mussandam

UAE :

Kartal Class : Denizkusu, Atmaca, Sahin, Kartal, Peliken, Albatros,
Simsek,
Kasirga

We musn't forget the Pakistani Navy, one of the larger Islamic countries
in
the world and current users of the green / white crescent flag. Sadly
the
reference book I have to hand doesn't cover any Pakistani ships.

Tony

Prev: Re: [SGII] scenario QA Next: Trade Federation Tank