Prev: Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities) Next: [somewhat OT] Status of the Space Interferometer Mission (SIM)

Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:51:05 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Chip Dunning wrote:

> Hmmm, I don't have a enough extras hanging around, but I may just have
> order up a batch of Arcs and try this out. I think it would have to
have
> another post to balance the weight better. Actually, I wish that many
of the
> larger ships had second posts - like the B5 stuff.

I've found that even really big figures are pretty stable with the hole
drilled out and sunk deeper. The trick is to make sure its at center of
mass.

This whole carrier thing has me thinking about typical carrier missions.

Specifically the use of Tankers to extend operational range of fighters,

the SWACS craft concept, and EW flights of aircraft.

One fighter bay with several mixed craft that launch separately would
work well.

I'm really just trying to figure out a carrier that has suffucient mass
for a full combat compliment of fighters and support craft.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -