Prev: RE: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities) Next: Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 17:11:21 GMT
Subject: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night

> >I'm not so sure about that. The DSII battlefield is a pretty deadly
>place,
> >much more deadly than the OGRE game system. We found that it was easy
> >immobilize the thing -- we gave the tread units 5 armor to give it
some
> >survivability, and it still didn't make it past the first half of the
> >table. If it's going to be an, "Oh My God It's Still Coming At Me!"
> >kind of vehicle, then it needs to be REALLY hard to kill.

Okay, here's a wacky idea...probably *too* wacky, but what the heck?
Give
Ogres and such a limited number of hull points.  Say...a dozen or so.
Do
attacks as normal, but for each point that exceeds the Orgre's armor it
suffers one hull point worth of damage.  And a boom does an automatic
five,
or something like that.  I wouldn't want to combine this with the
modular
rules -- I'd just design a honkin' big tank and assign it however many
hull
points sounded right.

John Crimmins	  john1x@hotmail.com   johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: RE: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities) Next: Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)