Prev: [FT] current campaign (long) Next: Campaign Game

[SG2] Flamers

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@n...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:15:01 -0400
Subject: [SG2] Flamers

I'm sorry if this has been gone over in the past, but I must have missed
it.

    How do anyone on the list deal with flame weapons in the respect of
Fire
Power, Impact values?  I am using a flame template from an other game to
represent the flame itself and it's range, but what about 'hitting' the
target and damaging it?

    So far I have been giving an automatic hit with a D12 impact on
exposed
or non-sealed armor type, a D8 vs. Power Armored units.  Basically the
impact value is based on someone getting jellied propellants squirted on
them while it's on fire.  The target's armor has basically no effect
other
than to become more of a propellant for keeping them engulfed in flame
(some
armor types are actually flammable or easily melts when exposed to
flame...).  I have considered making at an automatic hit and auto wound
since that soldier is not fighting the battle anymore, since he is
fighting
with the flames on him/her!

    There may be other effects of the flame weapon as well such as
terror.
I know if there is a soldier, especially a trained one, pointing a flame
weapon in my direction that I am going to boogie one direction or the
other.
Would this type of weapon require a morale check immediately
before/after
the weapon strikes (depending on if the targets see it coming or not)?

So in summary, what I am looking for is:
1) Suggestions on handling flame weapon to hit and Impact values
2) Morale modifiers the use of flame weapons may have on an opponent
unit.
3) Special considerations (i.e. Power armor, vehicles, inside buildings,
flammable clothing, etc.)...

Thanks in advance,
Scott Spieker

Prev: [FT] current campaign (long) Next: Campaign Game