Prev: RE:[OT] Images from East Timor Next: Help - need to find a font

Re: Landships II

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Landships II

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 dadams@parracity.nsw.gov.au wrote:

> I am looking at doing a FMA games based on Colonial Warfare with mecha
> (Landships, Zeplins, Fliers, Martian Tripods...) inspired by the
website

???

I assume you meant to write "the Major General's and/or 'By Jingo!'",
which are the two really excellent colonial sites I know of. MajGen's
has
the coolest landships, and some great gyrocopters and stuff.

> What I am looking at is the bang part of the game. <<snip>>

Just scale Sg2 'downward'. Muskets are FP1, muzzle-loading rifles FP1
and
higher impact, breechloading rifles are FP2 and higher Impact still.
Gatlings FP3, obscene impact. ("Whatever happens, we have got/the
Gatling
gun, and They do not/...)

All personnel armour will be either d4 or d6, I'd imagine. Vehicles move
up from there... as for ironclad/landship armour, damned if I know. Work
out your small artillery pieces, then figure armour from there,
depending
on how evil you want landships and/or artillery to be.

What's the armour die of a Martian thark? (Long live John Carter!)

<<snippage of Suppression stuff, as I have no useful ideas right
now...>>

Hope that helps, and let us know how the project goes!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: RE:[OT] Images from East Timor Next: Help - need to find a font