Prev: Re: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Some in progress works [SG2 stuff]

Re: Re:[FT] Jovian formation

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:34:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Re:[FT] Jovian formation

I'm talking to myself again....

>At 7:46 PM -0400 10/3/99, Laserlight wrote:
>>I'm about to make a series of system maps (using Schoon's
>>scale of 1 hex = 1/3 AU or 50 million km) for the inner
>>systems for several stars

BTW using hexes 0.5cm across and this scale, I can fit about
6AU across on the map.	If anyone wants to go conquer
Saturn, you'll have to generate another map--one with lots
of blank space.  I withdraw my suggestion that we drop the
Jump Limit way out there; instead let's go with David
Weber's canon 22 light minutes for a G0 star, which works
out to something like 2.75 AU--watch out for asteroids as
you jump, though.

>> If I can get Angelfire to behave
>>tonight,

Not yet

>> I'll post the first one (Sol system) on or about
>>www.angelfire.com/va/laserlight/fullthrust.html ; it will
be
>>followed by other strategically important systems like
>>Alarish, New Zimbabwe, and New Persia (but not
uninteresting
>>and out-of-the-way places like Albion or Nova Moskva--if
you
>>think it's important, you make the map).

I'm also slowly creating a worldbuilding spreadsheet.  Plug
in the planet diameter and density, the primary type and
distance from planet, and get things like escape velocity
and local year.

Prev: Re: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Some in progress works [SG2 stuff]