Prev: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas Next: Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas

Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 UsClintons@aol.com wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am about to start painting another batch of figs for SG2 and I need
some
> ideas for a good camo pattern.  I had one...but then I used that
pattern for
> some ork elite.  A rare unit let me tell you!  And well deserving of a
nice
> camo pattern. ;-)

Ork elites? ORK *elites*??? Ork whats?!? :>

> Anyway what I need are web links to sites that have good illustrations
of
> various real life camo patterns or pics of 25mm figs with camo
patterns.

http://www.battlefront.com/resources/poc/index.html

Pretty decent website - lots of scanned pics of real-world camo,
organized
mostly by country.

Also, check your local library for "Brassey's Book of Camoflauge",
Brassey's 1996. (ISBN 1857531647) It's got some great colour plates of
camo historical & present. Of course, the copy I *finally* got through
interlibrary loan had had some goon go through it with a razor - a third
of the plates & several pages were missing!

People like that should be executed. Publicly. Messily. (Pardon me -
just
a pet peeve. I work for the local public library...)

Oh, and if you're looking for something to really, really inspire your
modelling, point your browser to <http://www.ghillie.com>. Very cool!

Finally, take a good look at the cover of SG2. The PA there has a very
cool camo scheme - very nice painting.

Hope these help,

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas Next: Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas