Prev: Re: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Re: [AD] Dirtside Rules Question

Re: Re:[AD] Dirtside Rules Question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:08:09 +0100
Subject: Re: Re:[AD] Dirtside Rules Question

Los wrote:

>  technically it is has already  possible for some time to build
> a missile round that will kill both vehicles. Heck the SWEDEs have
> employed the RB70 optical guided missile system for some time.

The RB70 able to kill tanks as well? Probably an old tank in the
side/rear, or IFV/APC (provided neither has upgraded or add-on armour),
but there's no way that warhead can take out a modern tank. We use
STRIX and BILL for long-range AT work instead, but they can't hit
'copters or airplanes :-/

> In fact TOW rounds can be fired at slow
> moving targets and have on occasionally been used to kill
helicopters.

...and the Javelin is supposedly designed to do so as well, though I
suspect you know a lot more than that one than I do.

The thoughts on dual purpose units look fairly solid. We'd need smaller
AA tracking systems and more robust datanets, but they'll come sooner
or later. Probably sooner :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Re: [AD] Dirtside Rules Question