Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: RE: Jets Vs Vtol -- same 'ol same 'ol

RE: Jets Vs Vtol

From: "Makowsky, Robert LCDR" <RMakowsky@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:43:50 -0400
Subject: RE: Jets Vs Vtol

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan M Gill [mailto:monty@arcadia.turner.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 4:41 PM
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> Ahh but this was a pair of transport helos. Not a pair of Attack helos

> down next to the terrain. Attack helos like Apaches, the various OH
> series, Agustas, and the forth coming Commanche all operate down next
> the trees. They move from cover to cover in close terrain to take
>  advantage of the cover.

There is no real difference.  The transport helos are doing the same
thing.
Advantage currently remains with the first aircraft to get spotting.

Even so the Fast Movers can use large vertical displacement to generally
avoid attack.  As I said the jury is still out since all the helos that
have
been splashed have been third rate - Iraq - or blue on blue.  It is an
interesting subject.

OOTR:  I would give the fighters at least a die advantage in attacking
the
vertol.

Bob Makowsky  (Am also Rmako1@aol.com when not at work <G>)

Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: RE: Jets Vs Vtol -- same 'ol same 'ol