Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:46:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant

Michael Llaneza wrote:

> ookay, nice work. First off, how about varying the mass slightly for
> the smaller ships ? I'll note that the Eldar hellbore frigate would
> be an outstanding ship if it could take just a little more damage.
> It's nifty as it is tho.
>
> Also, I think the blast markers out to stay in. They affect the
> shield mechanics and movement. I like the idea of some terrain
> generated throughout the battle. it can be BFGFT's twist, it's
> certainly the main unique gimmick in the native bfg rules.

Thanks.

We're still fiddling with the escort mechanics.  Tom's had some ideas.
I haven't played with any yet.	I need to dig them out of their blisters
and get them mounted at least.

The blast markers are a gimmick and you're welcome to put them back in.
They can affect the shields as they would normally in BFG.  I think it's
a bit of a stretch, however, for the resulting debris and atmosphere
from one
ship to have any significant effect on the shields of another ship tens
or hundreds or thousands of kms from the attacked ship.

Plus if a ship can "pass over" a planet and not be destroyed, why can't
it "pass over" a blast marker and not have its shields reduced?  Are
blast markers now infinitely long in the z axis out of the table?

It's a game for when I'm in a silly type of mood.

Jon the Unwashable
Captain, Eternal Filth, Chaos Acheron Class Heavy Cruiser

Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen