Prev: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant

Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:19:19 +1000
Subject: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

Los wrote:

> > Since the KV sight range is shifted toward the UV, some colors that
appear
> > to human eyes as dark or natural may appear as near florescent to KV
eyes

Yes, but it works in reverse too. I'm one of the people whose sight is
shifted up an octave. So I can see the near UV. Alas, this means I'm
Red-Orange colourblind, and have to be very careful near hot objects. As
far as I'm concerned, the rest of you see into the near-IR, and know
that hot things glow. They have to be very hot for me to see them. OTOH
when other people are complaining about the day being dark due to cloud,
I have problems with excessive glare. And paintings of daisies don't do
them justice, they're not just white, they have blue-silver concentric
markings.

Which means... the KV may well have a nice brown-green basic colour,
with tiger stripes in... Bright Red. At least at the start.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant