Prev: Re: Shoulder launched nukes? Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:31:52 -0400
Subject: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> British DF gear is nasty. Orbital listening posts can pick up long
range
> LF and HF transmissions. I'd hate to think how sensative systems would
be
> 200 years in the future.

Actually speaking from experience as a Special Operations Communications
Sergeant, it is ridiculously easy to defeat DF if you know what you are
doing
EVEN with todays technology.

DF success assumes the broadcaster is using either omindirectional or
bidirectional transmission (and bi directional requires DF stations to
be
within the broadcast arc_. Narrow beam directed transmissions exits both
with
HF (used in conjunction with terrain masking) SATCOM, as well as more
esoteric but nearly unmentionable pinpoint IR and laser comms. operator
proficiency has a lot to do with it's success. This is proven stuff that
has
been in real world operations from some time. Hell even in Vietnam
before
some of this SF teams operating in North Vietnam could use the old
balloon
launched time delay transmission device.  Note that I'm only telling you
what
I can not everything there is.

Prev: Re: Shoulder launched nukes? Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)