Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: RE: Resin Casting

Re: SG2: Arty + Cbt Move questions

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:59:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: SG2: Arty + Cbt Move questions

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Ted Arlauskas wrote:

> Just finished playing a game an hour or so ago and we
> had a couple of questions:
>
> 1- Does a unit _have_ to perform Combat Moves, or can
> it take regular move actions?  If Combat Moves are
> required, when must they take that kind of movement?

Units are only _required_ to use Combat Move when going into Close
Assault. The rest of the time they may use either - Standard Move is
slow
but sure; Combat Move can be faster, but maybe not.

> 2- Example: I've got 4 Artillery Fire Request chits
> and 3 fire missions available.  How are the Requests
> used?  If I roll 4 times for arty, but only get it
> twice, what happens to the other mission?  Is it lost?

You should re-read the Artillery rules, I think. If you've got 4 Chits
available, each one you spend shifts your Support Request Die UP one.
You
can use several in one shot, if you like. (Eg squad leader calling for
company mortars. He's skipping a command level (platoon) so his die
drops
by one. You could use a Support Request chit to bump him back up that
die,
if the shells REALLY need to come in and he's the only one with LOS for
spotting.)

You don't have to use Support Request chits, if you're happy with the
die
you're rolling as is. So you can keep rolling for support after you use
all your chits up - it just makes the support less likely to happen, is
all.

Hope this helps,

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: RE: Resin Casting