Prev: Re: FT:Battlestar Galactica Question Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: OT: Bad B5 Sim news.

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:16:04 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: OT: Bad B5 Sim news.

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Mark A. Siefert wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > Oh man!  I was eagerly waiting for this!  Fooy!  Cowards!
>
>	Well, Sierra's excuse is that the B5 game wouldn't have been
> profitable.  They claimed that they sunk so much money into the
project
> that they never would have gotten a return on the investment.

highly illogical. if they cancel it, they make 0 profit. if it was 99%
complete, they would maximise profit by finishing it and shipping it,
unless the sales revenue would have been less than 1% of development
costs, which strikes me as unlikely. i would guess that it was actually
far from finished. someone (mr Wikan?) mentioned problems with the
engine
and the team building it, which sounds quite serious.

tom

Prev: Re: FT:Battlestar Galactica Question Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)