Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

From: krs@g...
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:52:16 -0700
Subject: Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

On 22 Sep 99, at 19:03, Donald Hosford wrote:

> Say terrain building dudes...I was visiting my favorite local hobby
> retailer, and I saw something interesting in the train terrain area.
> have spotted some "rock" moulds.  Made of rubber, you pour plaster (or
> somesuch...) into it, let it harden, pop it out, paint it, and presto!
> Rocks with a realistic texture and appearance.  There seemed to be
> several varities of the "rock moulds".
>
> Donald Hosford

I have used these for years to create instant scenics.	They work
well and should last forever.  However, do not use plaster!  Instead
buy a small bag on Fix All or Durhams Rock Putty or the
equivalent.  These are non shrinking plastic compounds that are
cheap and durable.  They have the added plus of working well to
patch the holes in urethane models.  Dark brown or black paint can
be added to pre-color the putty, but it does increase drying time.

KR, Geo-Hex

Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing