Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

Re: DS2 PDS/ECM

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS2 PDS/ECM

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Andrew Martin wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> > Size 5 Hull, Armour 5R, 2x MDC/5 TU, SUP FireCon, SUP ECM, EHN PDS,
> APFC, 1xAPSW. (I think - it's been months since I played DS2, I'm
> afraid. I am sure about the ECM/PDS/Armour combo)
>
>	Were the twin MDC hull mounted?

Sorry, got the stats wrong. It's 2x MDC/4 - Turreted. No 5s here. The
rest
of the stats are accurate, AFAIK. It had Backup Systems as well; total
cost is nearly 600 points each. (580 something) Slow GEV, BTW.

Big ugly tanks, but they have a mixed track record. Many fights, they
fail
to kill their own worth in opposing vehicles before being KOd. One thing
they ARE great at is Ogre-killing, for the various games we've run Ogres
in DS2.

I basically set out to design the ultimate heavy-gun tank in DS2; with
cost not really a concern. I think I've succeeded; the problem being
that
DS2 isn't really kind to big vehicles. (Which is realistic, but I still
like my big big tanks.) With such big guns and SUP systems, they're
rolling d12 more often than not, and they draw a great fistful of Damage
Chits.

I like them; my regular opponents respect them, but kill them all too
often. They tend to be fire magnets...but it's worth it just to see my
opponent's face when he lobs vast numbers of GMS/H shots at them, all of
which fail to connect!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics