Prev: RE: OT: Bad B5 Sim news. Next: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

Re: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:35:45 +1000
Subject: Re: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> After flipping through a book at borders this weekend and seeing a
> section in it on Fast Transports from WWII, I decided to convert a
> Ticonderoga figure.

An interesting vessel that's appeared on the news recently is HMAS
Jervis Bay. She's a large Catameran, a Ro-Ro troopcarrier. And she looks
as if she belongs in the middle 21st century, rather than the late 20th.

Amongst other things, she can outrun torpedos (the Russian
Rocket-powered ones excepting), and initially appears on many combat
systems with an ID of aircraft/helo.

Some photos:
http://www.navy.gov.au/3_photo/jb0006.jpg
http://www.navy.gov.au/3_photo/jb0007.jpg

So... Thrust factor 12 Troop Transport anyone?

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: OT: Bad B5 Sim news. Next: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...