Prev: RE: Repair hull/armour? Next: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:26:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

Beth said
>Interested to note Laserlight's voice is missing from this
discussion -
>hope he's not in traction or something equally as dire ;)

Hurricane Floyd, actually, my phone lines have been dead for
a week (still not completely fixed) and my local server also
appears to have been flooded.  No other damage, though,
except for one tree--damage for me personally that is, I'm
glad I'm not two counties to the west, rivers there are 20
feet above flood stage and still haven't crested.  And more
rain coming.  If I don't reply for a few more days, it's
because my phone drowned again.

>The reason being that we play tested a Kra'Vak "getting"
Hu'Man convoy
>scenario for him and it worked quite well. He had a time
limit  and
>specific victory consitions/ objectives along the lines of
Humans get cargo
>out in one piece, KraVak kill warships and collect the
cargo (cargo was
>HIGH value). We tried it under a couple of different
set-ups (one where
>Kra'Vak started at a course perpendicular to the humans and
one where they
>were chasing them) and it worked quite well both times. The
escort vessels
>were a DD and CL if I remember correctly and admittedly
they only slowed
>the Kra'Vak down a little, but it was enough the majority
of the cargo
>vessels escaped each time. So maybe explicit victory
conditions and a time
>limit (x turns until FTL has cycled enough to power-up and
let you get
>away) is the key.

Thanks, I'll put that on the web page some time when I'm not
connect at 2000bps

Prev: RE: Repair hull/armour? Next: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval