Prev: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle Next: Re: Torpedos... and similarities/differences between the wet navy and the vaccuum heads...

Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, John Leary wrote:

> > On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Robert A. Crawford wrote:

First off this was me, not Robert.

> > There was a battleship in WWI that was struck by a torpedo and
capsized. I can't
> > remember the damn name. One torp did her in. She capsized and sank.
The
> > dying throws were captured on film, crew streaming all over her hull
and
> > clambering up onto the side as it rolled over. Some made it to the
> > underside as it rolled over completely.

>      The one refered to is the sinking of the HMS Barham in the Med
> during
> WWII, lost 25/11/41.

Actually, I was referring to the Austrio-Hungarian ship that was covered

under this thread.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -