Prev: Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign) Next: Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign)

Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

From: "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford@i...>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:31:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 01:10:13AM -0400, Donald Hosford wrote:
> "Space Navy" ship in space takes a torpedo hit.  Result massive hole,
> casualities, damaged equipment, ect.	Ship will not sink (no water).
> Only those compartments effected by the torpedo blast, will be
disrupted.
> The rest of the ship will fight on just fine.

	Except if the ship's structure's been damaged enough to
"break the keel", or if shock damage has knocked out systems
outside of the impact area. If the torpedo's nuclear or somehow
"radiation enhanced", you have to deal with its effects on the
ship's equipment. Also, the hull damage probably destroyed some
sensors, so the volume of space in the direction you took the
hit will be "fuzzy" until you can make repairs.

	It also depends on the relative sizes of the warhead and
the ship. A torpedo that would cripple the Millenium Falcon probably
would break a few light bulbs on the Death Star.

	I would be _very_ careful before I assumed a solid hit
wouldn't cause problems for the entire ship.

--
						crawford@iac.net
"Hey, is that sheep OK? It looks kinda wired."

Prev: Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign) Next: Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign)