Prev: Terrain - Chenille? Next: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

Re: Sensors

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:02:53 -0700
Subject: Re: Sensors

>What would you recommend, doubling all the electronic ranges?

Perhaps not straight doubling, but definitely spreading out the range
bands. Perhaps making the "unit" range band 24" as opposed to 12" (I
know
that this almost the same as doubling as it stands).

>One thing I will point out, this is for a campaign game.  If I can
>fool you into thinking I have a bigger fleet than I do you may run
away,
>but if you have full info well out of weapons range you can't fool
>anybody and I would say just drop EW all together as pointless.  If I
>can disguise my ships until they are close enough to fire you MAY stick
>around not realizing that those two ships that just came into range
>24 are SDNs, whereas if you knew they were SDN's you would have saved
>your assets and jumped out of system long ago.

If this is for a campaign game, then why not extend the ranges. Your
goal
seems to be to have the two forces almost in weapons range before things
are revealed. Exdend that to tabletop distance - perhaps more with a
dedicated scou. and you haven't really lost much. Usually, forces you
set
up on the table are going to have one pass before they bug out.

Schoon

Prev: Terrain - Chenille? Next: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm