Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:06:02 EDT
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

In a message dated 9/12/99 8:58:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
johncrim@voicenet.com writes:

> Secondly...I don't know.  There's a very vocal faction on r.g.m.m. who
>  claim that fluff is what makes a game GOOD.	If the backstory is
good, so
>  they say, it will redeem even the worst of rules.  And no matter how
good
>  your rules are, they aren't worth anything if they don't have a good
>  background behind them.

> "So your troops crest the hill"
> "Who are we fighting?"
> "Who cares your military, your fighting."
> "Well I'd like to know something about my enemy."
> "So it wasn't in the fluff, who cares?'
> "I do, what's the point of this battle anyway?"
> "To kill the enemy!!"
> "Who was the enemy again?"

Yep, that's what I have always thought them mean too.  It just seemed
weird
to me that the players are incapable of creating their own story
line...or
god forbid READING a novel or two.  On that note I have yet to see a
game
(sorry SGII included) that has a background as good as any of a
half-dozen
books sitting on my shelf right now!  So why would I want to use their
background when I already have a better one on my shelf!  Maybe this all

stems from people reading less these days...hmmm....

I will shoot you my alternate threat tables via email.	Be warned they
have
yet to be fully play tested...

SC

Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question