Prev: SV: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Sensors

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 22:22:40 +0200
Subject: Re: Sensors

Schoon wrote:

> >Yes, we realize that to fire your class 4's at max range requires
> >enhanced sensors.  To fire a 5 at max takes superior.
>
> This unbalances the cost of the beam weapons. Forcing them to take an
> additional system for effective use defeats the purpose.

The design system was set up to discourage outrageously huge beam
weapons, so I wouldn't be very concerned about this. Besides, 1-2 Mass
extra doesn't matter much when a single C5 battery is *at least* 16
Mass...  I don't think a ship with C5s will have only a single
single-arced one :-/ Similarly the 30 extra points for Superior sensors
aren't that much for a dreadnought.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: SV: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: Sensors