Prev: [FT] re: Re: Sensors Next: Re: FB small carrier construction

RE: [FT] PSB and Turn Length and [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:37:43 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] PSB and Turn Length and [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments

***
>I'm curious: is my group the only one that uses simultaneous
>fire?	We used sequential early on, but everyone prefered the
alternative.

simultaneous for me too. I'm just a FT1 retro gamer though.

-= tim jones =-
***

I understand the PSB for both ways, but with SML's adding a
third 'phase' of damage, do you find it complex keeping track
of what's new and 'old' damage? Do you run three separate
combats?

I like the simplicity of simultaneous firing, and I also like
random excitement of sequential, but simultaneous requires the
extra bookkeeping, even if in your head of what damage came in
this turn, while the randomness is lost when your chosing a
ship to fire.

Bismark/Hood is an excellent example, though that was partially
decided by manuevering errors. However, the captains of Bismark
and Prinz Eugen didn't have a discussion about who should fire
first, and the rule of chosing a ship after receiving initiative
has this effect. At a recent con, I spent major burn time
waiting on my opponents spending a few minutes each turn
discussing which ship to fire first.

That, and common friends, and how the paint job was done on a
particular fleet. I guess the danger of small, regional con.

I like simple games that allow fast turn turnaround.

***
>    Well, that's just it.
>    JMS revealed on rec.arts.sf.babylon5 that
>    the cure for the plague was going to
>    be found quite early, then we would find
>    out what was *really* going on!

Sneaky isn't he.
***

Er, you just noticed this?

On the other hand, just had a look at the October Playboy, and
Claudia Christian doesn't seem to be hiding much of anything.
;->=

And, yes, Jon, you may now announce me a pervert again.

The_Beast

Prev: [FT] re: Re: Sensors Next: Re: FB small carrier construction