Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length

Re: Sensors

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:58:57 -0700
Subject: Re: Sensors

>It only becomes an issue in campaign games, and
>it has major affects in campaign games.

Thus my idea to remove sensor "battles" from the tabletop and limit them
the campaign system only. This should keep both parties - maybe not
exstatic, but at least happy.

>Yes, we realize that to fire your class 4's at max range requires
>enhanced sensors.  To fire a 5 at max takes superior.

This unbalances the cost of the beam weapons. Forcing them to take an
additional system for effective use defeats the purpose.

>One thing we are doing is ships equipped with ADFC may fire at any
>fighter withing 6" of it.  Also, EW phase occurs after point defense
>fire and dogfights but before fighter attacks (so if you get your
>fighters within 6 inches and I toast them they give no information).

I'm becoming more inclined to give this a try. Has anyone playtested it
yet?

[snipped rules]

Your ranges seem quite short to me - even for tabletop play. It seems
that
you have to get REALLY close to see much of anything.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length