Prev: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: [OFFICIAL] Scenario book update and gentle prodding...

Re: [FT] Sensors

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:21:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Sensors

Thank you for a very good approach to using sensors.  While not being
overly
complex, or dice heavy, I think that the conditional statements do add
some
complexity (I've got two ecm on this boat, they've got superior sensors,
let's
see that makes them basic at 24, they know my mass which I could adjust
upwards
of 100 . . . hmm not too bad).

 It does seem the point costs for Enhanced/Superior Sensors and ECM is a
bit
low.  I believe that MT rates Enhanced Sensors @ 15 points and Superior
@ 30.
ECM is also rated at 20 points and 30 points for area effect.  Since
you're
doing the ECM as packages which effect the sensors perhaps costing them
at 15
points apiece is reasonable.  - Aron

I'm assuming that each ship has a drone decoy which they can launch at
any time.
Is this how run your decoys?  - Aron

Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> on 09/09/99 09:39:12 AM

Any comments?
EWM/ECM

? Visual detection, within 12 inches all information on the opposing
ships
  may be detected visually, you may look at your opponent's sheet to see
  any of their ships within 12 inches.

- Visual detection for fighters, reduce the range to 6 inches.

? Electronic detection
  ? Within 12 inches all information as for visual detection.
  ? Within 24 inches apparent mass of ship (this may be modified by ECM)
  ? Within 36 inches targeting information only

? Enhanced sensors
  ? Enhanced sensors take up 1 mass and cost 5 points
  ? Enhanced sensors extend the range brackets by 1, so
     1. Within 24 inches as for visual
     2. Within 36 apparent mass
     3. Within 48 targeting information
  ? Enhanced sensor information is available Fleet wide to the owning
player.
  ? Enhanced sensor information may be made available to any local
allies.

? Superior sensors
  ? Superior sensors take up 2 mass and cost 10 points
  ? Superior sensors extend the range brackets by 2.
  ? Superior sensor information is available Fleet wide to the owning
player.
  ? Superior sensor information may be made available to any local
allies.

? ECM systems
  ? Each ECM system takes 1 mass and costs 5 points
  ? Range brackets may be reduced by one using one or more ECM systems,
    they do not add.   So.
     4. Within 12 inches mass only (although your opponent will then
	use visual)
     5. Within 24 inches targeting.
  ? In mass detection ranges the mass of the ship may be enhanced to
appear
    as up to 50 mass greater per ECM used.  For example an ECM scout of
    mass 12 with 3 ECM systems could look like a capital ship of mass
162.

? ECM/sensor interaction
  ? An ECM system when used for range bracket lowering cancels the
affects
    of enhanced sensors (so the ship acts as if it had normal sensors).
  ? An ECM system when used for range bracket lowering decreases the
    affects of superior sensors so they behave like enhanced sensors.
  ? ECM benefits apply only to the ships equipped with ECM.

Prev: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: [OFFICIAL] Scenario book update and gentle prodding...