Prev: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions

Re: FB small carrier construction

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FB small carrier construction

On  9-Sep-99 at 09:57, Hmmm. Single syllables. A formidable opponent.
(The
Tick) (KOCHTE@stsci.edu) wrote: > >With the  new ship construction rules
in
FB1, is it still prohibited to
> >base fighters on hulls smaller than hull size 60. I don't see a
mention
> >of this in the rules unless it's an unwritten assumption, aside from
the
> >fact it uses up lots of valuable space on a small ship.
>
> No restriction exists for where you put hangar bays for FB designed
ships.
> That, to me, is nice, 'cause I like the occassional dinky carrier
design
> for light duties.  :)  (of course said ship, if destroyer-sized, ain't
> gonna be able to do much else, but that's the price you pay! :)

In our current campaign our maintenance cost is:

(mass*.06)**1.6

microcarriers are a godsend, with big planets producing around 100NPV
a turn one of the big FSE carriers can eat the production of a planet
in maintenance.

Roger Books

Prev: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: RE: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions