Prev: Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments Next: RE: [FT] Jump Limits

[FT] Jump Limits

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:13:35 -0400
Subject: [FT] Jump Limits

Andrew declaimed (speaking of Jump Limits)
> In my opinion, they should be at the trojan points
>and those points
>where space-time is very close to "flat" - gravitation pull
very close
>to zero in any direction.

How close is "very"?  I guess that's what we're asking about
for the Jump Limit.

 So, that's a ring around each planet, points
>if there's a moon, too complex if there's lots or a ring.
Otherwise, at
>the Oort or Kuiper belt? Something like 100 AU out?

I'd think 100 would make for a map rather larger than would
be convenient?

Prev: Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments Next: RE: [FT] Jump Limits