Prev: Re: Fire lanes Next: Modern 25mm

Re: TBA designs

From: ODUPSHAW3@c...
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:05:47 EDT
Subject: Re: TBA designs

A note on Oerjan Ohlson's comments on Neal Kaplan's TBA ship designs.
In FB
rules I do not think that pluse torps require a seperate firecon.  Last
November I sent Jon Tuffley the following email.

"I have a question about pulse torps and fire controls.  In FT a
separate
fire control is needed to fire each pulse torp.  Is this still the case
if
using FB rules?  If it is the case some of the NAC ships seem very
strange to
me.  The P-torp versions of the Tacoma frigate and Vandenburg heavy
cruiser
would be unable to fire both their beams and their P-Torps.  The Furious

escort cruiser, Victoria battleship and Vally Forge superdreadnought all
have
just enough fire controls to fire their beams and pulse torps, but if
they
lost a fire control and retained their pulse torps during a threshold
check
they would have a problem.  Based on the designs of the frigate and
heavy
cruiser the only ruling that seams to make sense is that one fire
control can
direct the fire of both beams and p-torps as long as they are all firing
at
the same target.  Would you please tell me if this is correct?"

Jon's reply was as follows.

" This is actually the first time this question has come up!  Yes, I
think
for the FB rules we should drop the firecon limitation for PTs and treat
them
just as any other weapon system - we'll make a note of this for the next

book!"

Something to think about.

Prev: Re: Fire lanes Next: Modern 25mm