Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Vector Movement

Premeasurement and stuff (was: Re: Vector Movement)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 17:42:57 +0100
Subject: Premeasurement and stuff (was: Re: Vector Movement)

>>No, they do not. They use lager range finders giving them range within
>>centimeters. Lager range finders are also man portable though bulky
 [snip]

Ah, the Lager Range Finder - the indispensible piece of tech for the
gamer
who needs to find exactly how far away his beer glass is so that he can
pick it up without rising from his chair......

:-)

On a more serious note, whether you premeasure or not in your games is
up
to you and your opponents; I'm not going to lay down rules about it.
HOWEVER, on a personal level, I don't like premeasuring in general,
especially for movement purposes. I feel it is OK to check ranges before
you declare firing, especially in FT (perhaps less so in SG and DS), but
remember that the wargamer has a lot of advantages from his "all-seeing"
position over the table that his character counterpart on the table
would
not have, and that sometimes having to eyeball a distance (and thus risk
getting it wrong) goes a little way to redress this balance to the
benefit
of the overall feel of the game.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Vector Movement