Prev: Re: SML Absorbers Next: Premeasurement and stuff (was: Re: Vector Movement)

Re: Vector Movement

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 08:50:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

>If it's so ineffective why is modern artillery doctrine based on the
"shoot
>and scoot" principle?? Talk with some of the artillery school people at
Fort
>Sill - they'll give you an education.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not completely ineffective either. It just
doesn't give pinpoint accuracy. Odds are the enemy will know
approximately
where you are, which is why it's a good idea to scoot.

However, you generally cannot track an incoming round and immediately
determine its exact point of origin for counterbattery fire.

Schoon

Prev: Re: SML Absorbers Next: Premeasurement and stuff (was: Re: Vector Movement)