Prev: Re: The UN Next: Re: Vector Movement

Re: The UN

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:19:31 -0400
Subject: Re: The UN

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Another esteemed member of the GZGverse wrote:
>
> I'm not suggesting an allien invasion as means of implamenting Global
> unity!
>
> Perry
>
> -----------------
> I am. I think it'd be the fastest (though maybe not safest) way to get
> us all together on the same page. I keep thinking if this doesn't
> happen, we may eventually let loose with biowar agents or nukes and
> it'll be game over for the species. I sure hope not.... it'd seem a
> waste of a lot of effort our ancestors put in. And if it happens
> before 2183, it'll sure make Jon look silly ;)

You'll note that in Rot Hafen, tesfane from teh UN is trying to use this
incident as a catalyst to bring greater UN control over teh entire 1st
intersentient war. This he hopes, (as do others around him and even
within
various gov'ts), will serve as a springboard for, one humanity, one
government. (The outcome of which is beyond the scope of the story.)

> BTW, Brian, I thought your comment on letting in-place defenders pre
> measure to terrain features was good. I think that is totally within
> the spirit of things. Range stakes as it were! Yes, this is a very
> effective way to judge ranges. Just like when we're playing on a 10x6
> battlefield with "seams", we know one board is 4' wide, another 2'
> wide, and another 4' wide.... so you can guess some ranges a bit from
> that (a design flaw I will rectify on my table - there shall be no
> visible seam).

Note also that an aim action should inclue a free aim too along those
lines.

Los

Prev: Re: The UN Next: Re: Vector Movement