Prev: RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven) Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)

Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:38:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, John Leary wrote:

> Phillip Pournelle wrote:
> ...Snip...
> >	Obviously the Balkans and a number of other trouble areas will
be a
> > principality of the U.N. and supplying people for the U.N.
>
>      This fits in very well with my theroy that the UN is cutthroats,
> drug and weapon smugglers, and able to be bought by anyone with the
> cash.

Man, someone doesn't like the UN. Do you believe in the black
helicopters
as well?

Realworld, the UN generally seems to mean well, but can't get it
together
some of the time - often due to nation-state interference, sometimes due
simply to the nature of the UN's organiztion and/or the nature of the
problem...

Tuffleyverse-wise, the UN seems to be the only ones who are really
focussing on the Kra'vak... plus keeping everyone from dropping big
rocks
or similar on Terra...

Don't want to start a massive debate, though...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven) Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)