Prev: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement) Next: Re: Vector Movement

Re: Vector Movement

From: "Okay, new day. Time to be happy. (- Cat)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:57:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

wrote:
>> >Urrrr....what 'no ruler' rule?
>>
>> No measuring ranges. Though it specifies only weapon shots, I take
the
>> spirit of the rule to include estimation of another ship's movement -
in
>> this case for SML placement.
>
>You are going to have to point this one out.  This is one thing I
>was watching for and didn't see it.  It doesn't make sense anyway,
>if I can shoot at you then my computer knows how far away you are.

And where you might end up in the next movement phase, etc.

I couldn't find the 'no measuring ranges' rule anywhere in the FT books,
either. But then I've always had a real hard time subscribing to the 'no
measuring ranges' in FT. Computers can plot and chart and target enough
things fast enough for purposes of the game to allow pre-measuring
anything
(this isn't historical miniatures, after all, where they didn't have
computers to tell them ranges to opponents). Yes, there's going to be a
lot
of ECM stuff going on, but there's going to be just as much ECCM stuff
happening right back - as far as I'm concerned, unless you have a
specific
ECM suite on your ship(s) (see also MT), then the ECM/ECCM effects
cancel
each other out.

But, each to their own, naturally.  :)

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement) Next: Re: Vector Movement