Prev: RE: [SG] newbie SG question on line of sight/line of fire Next: RE: [SG] multi-player SG question

Re: [SG] multi-player SG question

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:17:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] multi-player SG question

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

> I'm running a game with four attacking players and three defending
players.
> Each player will have one platoon of three squads each.  I was
assuming that
> each time a side gets its turn each player on that side can activate
one
> unit, but this always gives the attacker four activations to the
defenders
> three.  Would it be better to limit the attacker to three activations
a turn,
> and have the attacking commander choose which three attacking players
get an
> activation?

When we do multi-player SG2, we do it a third way: Each side activates
one
squad at a time - each SIDE, mind. The various commanders on each side
take turns having activations, or the most 'central' or most involved
player takes most of the early activiations. There's no hard & fast rule
-
it's by consensus, generally.

If/when we do bigger, company-sized SG2 fights, we might have one player
per side as the overal 'company commander', who decides who's getting
each
activation.

Real fun comes if you have more than two sides fighting - you just have
rotate, 1-2-3-1-2-3--- and be careful about the initiative rules - who
has
the most units and similar. Only done that once, but I've got grand
plans
for big multi-sided fights, when I eventually get enough figures!
(Six-sided urban firefight/riot - but I'll say no more, as I'd REALLY
like
to run that one as a convention event a couple of years down the line! -
experienced players only, needless to say!)

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: RE: [SG] newbie SG question on line of sight/line of fire Next: RE: [SG] multi-player SG question