Prev: RE: Vector Movement [CLEAN STAMP] Next: FT cargo/aux ships.

Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna: 1/300 scale Stargrunt???

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:10:08 -0700
Subject: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna: 1/300 scale Stargrunt???

Thomas Pope wrote:

> Scott Case wrote:
> >
> > I'm still thinking over the Sands of Mars stuff and am wondering:
Has anyone
> > tried to play Stargrunt with 1:300 scale minis?

Actually I have and it's nice for large actions. I have mounted two
platoons of GW
Epic 40k space marines on small washers (Maybe a .5") and organized them
into a
single SST (book) Mobile Infantry Company. Then I bought a  few gross of
the small
plastic ants and a gross of the big plastic spiders and developed a
variant of SG2
for SST. The variant actually combines parts of SG2 and the Avalon Hill
Game (the
Arachnid has to plot a tunnel complex) Kurt and I first came up with
this at
GZG-ECC II and I've had a few subsequent games with my wife to work it
out
further.

Anyway, I digress. One minor issue about SG2 is the ground scale vs
figure scale
which actually makes the figures the size of huge battlemechs. (FMA
scale at 2m
per inch is more in line). So I like the way the 6mm guys sit on the
field. Gives
a sense of true space. (Note I prefer 6mm Napoleanics and SYW to 15mm
too)

At the time we did this the GZG dirtside PA troops were not yet
available. Those
guys look great and would be just fine	for SG2 at that level. So are
Battlemech
infantry, which are a little bit bigger (maybe 8mm) and of course clan
elementals
make good PA.

Hope that helps...

Los

Prev: RE: Vector Movement [CLEAN STAMP] Next: FT cargo/aux ships.